I have some vintage patterns that I will post. I found some stuff in my mother's hope chest and I ordered some on ebay a few years ago.
Caution to those ordering on ebay. You may get some cool hats and socks patterns from the 1940's but you may also get "Big Girl Knits" with patterns for the older, larger woman.
I can't imagine I will need a plus size sweater vest anytime soon.
Alas, I digress....
I am in process of making a baby hat from one book. I have modified it slightly into a knit in the round pattern. I made one that is sewn, but I didn't like it as much as the non-seamed version.
Use yarn like baby cashmerino and size 3 or 4 dpts.
CO 70 sts. Join, place market and work in K1 P1 ribbing for 1 1/2 inches.
Work in seed st to 1 1/2 inches. Knit 8 rows, Seed st 8 rows, repeat until hat measures about 4". Decreases every other round.
k8, k2tog, repeat to marker .
knit row. k7, k2tog, repeat to marker (56 sts). knit row.
k6, k2tog, repeat to marker (49 sts). knit row.
k5, k2tog, repeat to marker (42 sts). knit row.
k4, k2tog, repeat to marker (35 sts). knit row.
k3, k2tog, repeat to marker (28 sts). knit row.
k2 k2tog, repeat to marker (21 sts). knit row.
k1 k1tog, repeat to marker (14 sts). knit round.
k2tog to marker (7 sts). break yarn and pull thread through.
You can improvise the stitch type. Or use different colors. The first hat I made was more like really thick sewing thread. It came out so pretty. I used pink and lime green. I forgot to take pics back then. Sorry.

Nessun commento:
Posta un commento